Review monitoring is the simple process of observing what patients are saying about your clinic on review sites such as Google, Facebook, and industry-specific sites like Zocdoc and Healthgrades.
Review monitoring enables you to proactively engage with your patients. Initiating this process with regards to your online reviews needs to be best practice for all sized healthcare facilities. Here’s why:
1. Replying to a positive review encourages customer loyalty and appreciation. You can also gain insights as to what you are doing well.
2. Responding to negative reviews appropriately, timely, and publicly allows other patients to see you care about their well being and input. By handling grievances, you can deescalate situations before they materialize into something worse.
It may yet to truly sink in why monitoring is so vital for healthcare companies. We have already discussed why reviews are so important, but your responses are almost as nearly important. Patients are likely to form healthcare provider decisions based on reviews they read online. And when choosing a provider, 69.9% of people state that a very good or extremely good reputation is important. Thus before patients even get to your clinic, they are forming opinions about your clinic. Far more people are researching healthcare before patronizing it—with a whopping 85% of consumers placing their trust in online reviews.
Negative word-of-mouth is a death knell for any business, let alone healthcare. If reviews have the power to cripple your practice, they also have the ability to grow your business. Use review monitoring to harnesses and leverage this power so, your practice grows with each positive or negative review.
1. Replying to a good review makes your patients feel acknowledged and appreciated, which builds loyalty.
2. Since your prospective patients trust reviews more than they trust you, it is best practice to make sure your reviews promote your facility. Have your customers do your marketing for you with good reviews on multiple sites, including social media and your webpage.
3. Often current patients who are dissatisfied do not leave feedback. They simply just stop using your services and find a new practice. If you ask for a review, you can gain valuable insight into their experience. This has several advantages
- It assists in identifying what your practice already excels at. (example, almost no wait time before being seen)
- It will drive insights into what may need changing. If there is consistency in poor reviews, it identifies where improvements can be made to deliver a more positive patient experience. After all, you cannot make improvements to your brand if you do not know where to start. Thus monitoring becomes very valuable.
4. This leads us to the service recovery paradox. This phenomenon is when a patient suffers a grievance with your clinic, but through your monitor and management, you are able to have them think more highly of your brand. It is a transformation of a detractor who is then made to become a promoter. Evidence shows these conversions are so powerful; these patients can become even more loyal than those who have not suffered a grievance at all. undefinedBut it all starts with monitoring. Here is the service recovery paradox graphed out below.
5. By not replying to negative reviews, healthcare practices run the risk of increasing patient churn by 15%. This leads to an increase in no-shows and cancellations. Thus by monitoring reviews, you can improve schedule management and have full caseloads. Review monitoring also helps you spot a fake review.
6. If there’s a highfrequency with similar marketing-heavy language, then you can get them removed. Our review monitoring tool can help you consolidate all reviews into one place, so spotting a fake is easier. One of the most important aspects of monitoring and responding to negative reviews is its impact on patient satisfaction. When a response is delivered appropriately to a bad review, evidence states that patient satisfaction improves by 99%.
A review monitoring tool such as Clinic Builder can compile reviews from 150+ review sites into a single dashboard. From the dashboard, you can monitor and manage reviews to handle any situation which may arise. With so many review sites and reviews now being compiled. It is often the most cost and time effective to automate the process. Simplicity at its best – Here’s how:
1. Clinic Builder can send alerts instantly as new reviews are posted. So you never miss a single review.
2. From the platform, Clinic Builder makes it easy to respond to all reviews, be they good or bad.
3. When a negative review is posted, Clinic Builder automatically creates a ticket to ensure a conversion opportunity never slips by. We simplify the process to turn a dissatisfied patient into a loyal one.
4. Clinic Builder allows for automatic response templates to be created for any rating review – Automation to the rescue.
5. Even better, the system allows your practice to be able to auto-share reviews from across the web to sites like Google, Facebook and your website.
Review monitoring tools which automate processes give control back to healthcare practices to grow their clinic loyalty and drive customer experience. In healthcare, word of mouth can be make-or-break, and it is crucial you have your patients do your marketing for you. It is coast effective and time friendly. A system that can improve satisfaction, decrease patient churn, and gain valuable insights into your patient psyche is invaluable. It is also best practice for companies of all sizes.